A flow meter is a device used to measure the flow rate or quantity of a gas or liquid moving through a pipe. Flow measurement applications are very diverse and each situation has its own constraints and engineering requirements. You can measure flow through a variety of different devices such as Coriolis and positive displacement meters.
A) Positive Displacement (Also known as a Volumetric flow meter or PD flow meter):
- All Max Machinery flow meters are Positive Displacement/Volumetric.
- Positive displacement flow meters are unique as they are the only meter to directly measure the actual volume. All other types infer the flow rate by making some other type of measurement and equating it to the flow rate. With PD meters, the output signal is directly related to the volume passing through the meter. Includes bi-rotor types (gear, oval gear, and helical gear), notating disc, reciprocating piston, and oscillating or rotary piston.
- Applications Media: Natural Gas, Town Gas, Propane, Inert Gases
- Industry: Gas Supply, heating manufacturers, Chemical industry
- Pressure Ratings: Pressure ratings for PN10/16 ANSI 150
- Variable flanges are available on request
- Nominal diameters: 1 1/2" up to 6" (DN 40 to DN 150)
- Flow rate: 0.3 m3/h up to 1.000 m3/h
- Repeatability: 0.1%
- Measuring Range: 160:1Minimum or better at atmospheric conditions.
- Measuring Accuracy:
0.2 Q max to Q max +/- 1% or better
Q min to 0.2 Q min +/- 2% or better
B) Coriolis mass flow meters:
- The output signal is directly related to the mass passing through the meter.
- Better performance, reliability and confidence.
- Based on the principles of motion mechanics
- Liquid Accuracy Up to ±0.1% of rate ( ±0.05% of rate)
- Gas Accuracy Up to ±0.5% of rate ( ±0.25% of rate)
- Density Accuracy Up to ±0.0005 g/cm3 ( ±0.0002 g/cm3)
- Pressure Range Up to 6250 psig (430 barg)
- Achieve highly accurate mass volume flow and density measurement in applications that require a compact, drainable design
- Improve measurement and tracking with extensive process and meter diagnostics with on-board historian and logging
- Realize the fastest response rates and accurate batch and process measurement
- Reduce maintenance due to no wearing parts
- Improve safety via reduced leak points, elimination of impulse lines, sample points,and reduce the removal and cleaning of meters for periodic calibration